- 2-AG – A derivative of arachidonic acid that occurs naturally in the brain (as well as some foods) and acts as a messenger molecule, playing roles in appetite, depression, memory, and fertility; one of the two known endocannabinoids.
- Agricultural Hemp – Refers to varieties of the Cannabis Sativa L. plant that contains less than 0.3% THC in the dry weight material, and is grown for industrial purposes and legal for use in all 50 states and more than 40 countries.
- Anandamide – a derivative of arachidonic acid that occurs naturally in the brain (as well as some foods) and acts as a messenger molecule, playing roles in appetite, depression, memory, and fertility; one of the two known endocannabinoids.
- Bioavailability – The proportion of a drug that reaches circulation in the body and has an active effect.
- Cannabis – Cannabis is the generic term for products of the plant, Cannabis Sativa L.
- Cannabis Sativa L. – A species of plant in the Cannabis genus; refers to both agricultural hemp and marijuana, which are both sub species however different plants entirely.
- Cannabinoid – A chemical substance found in the cannabis plant; THC and CBD are the two most prevalent, but there are at least 113 known cannabinoids.
- CBD – Short for cannabidiol; a phytocannabinoid found in the cannabis; does not result in euphoria and has shown to have benefits on human and animal health.
- CBD Oil – An extract obtained from the flowering portions of the hemp plant, then dissolved in another oil (coconut, sesame, etc.). It typically contains no THC and has no psychoactive properties.
- CBD-A – Short for cannabidiolic-acid; an acidic cannabinoid, the naturally occurring raw form of CBD that is produced directly in the plant.
- CBC – Short for cannabichromene; a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis that has little to no intoxicating effects.
- CBG – Short for cannabigerol; known as the “parent cannabinoid” and is the chemical precursor to THC and CBD.
- CBN – Short for cannabinol; a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis; it is produced when THC is metabolized and has little to no intoxicating effects.
- CB1 – Cannabinoid receptor found primarily in the central nervous system (nerves in the brain and spinal cord).
- CB2 – Cannabinoid receptor found primarily in the peripheral nervous system (nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord).
- Chlorophyll – Refers to groups of green pigmented molecules found in plants and algae, that is important for plant photosynthesis.
- CO2 Extraction – Method used to extract CBD concentrates; CO2 gas is pressurized into a a safe liquid and used to extract oils from plants with the advantage of no solvent residue.
- Decarboxylation – Removing a carboxyl group from a chemical compound
- Distilled Oil – this is the ultimate step in refining an oil, where excess plant material is distilled in a solvent-free process
- Endocannabinoid – Naturally occurring cannabinoids in the human body.
- Endocannabinoid System – (ECS) Refers to endocannabinoids, the enzymes that regulate their production and degradation, and their receptors.
- Enriched (CBD-rich) – Preparations from cannabis plants that are higher in CBD than plants bred historically for recreation.
- Entourage Effect – Refers to the idea that biologically active compounds can have enhanced biological activity when administered in combination with otherwise inactive compounds as opposed to isolated active compounds administered alone.
- Full-Spectrum – Any hemp oil listed as “full-spectrum” means it contains, at maximum, 0.3% THC in addition to the CBD. Full-spectrum products take advantage of the entourage effect.
- Fatty Acid – Long hydrocarbon chain, with a carboxyl group (COOH) at the end; important part of the fat-soluble components of living cells (lipids).
- Hemp – A cannabis plant bred to have very low THC content and is primarily cultivated for its fibers. Hemp products range from oils to clothing.
- Hemp Oil/Hempseed Oil – An oil extracted from cannabis seeds by cold pressing. It contains only trace amounts of cannabinoids and terpenes, and is high in unsaturated fatty acids; used in paints and varnishes and in manufacturing soap and a wide variety of food products.
- Hemptourage Effect – Refers to the “entourage effect” of compounds present in hemp-derived CBD oil to optimize health and wellness.
- Homeostasis – Self-regulating process of any system in the body; your body automatically finding balance.
- Isolate – A highly concentrated, purified form of a cannabinoid. CBD is one of the most common isolates you’ll find.
- Marijuana – A dried mixture of cannabis leaves and flowers.
- Non-psychotoxic – Does not have a detrimental effect on the mind, personality or behavior; does not get you “high.”
- Phytocannabinoid – Plant-based cannabinoids found in species of cannabis.
- Plant Sterol – Cholesterol-like compounds are naturally occurring in plants and support the reduction of LDL-cholesterol (bad cholesterol), without significantly affecting HDL-cholesterol (good cholesterol).
- Raw Oil – A whole-plant CO2 extraction from agricultural hemp; Cannabidiolic Acid, or CBD-A, comprises a significant proportion of the extracted cannabinoids in the raw oil.
- Terpene – A large and diverse class of strong-smelling organic compounds, produced by a variety of plants and insects.
- THC – Short for tetrahydrocannabinol; a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis shown to have some benefits on human and animal health, however, is responsible for intoxicating effects associated with marijuana use.
- Vitamin E – Also known as alpha-tocopherol, a fat-soluble vitamin important for normal cell growth and function; found in vegetable oils, egg yolk, etc.
- Whole Plant – Concept implying that products derived from the entire cannabis plant may be better than the individual cannabinoids isolated from it
a world of cbd products right at your fingertips
Whether you’re looking for CBD bath, edibles, tinctures, capsules, topicals, or CBD for pets, we have thousands of exciting products to browse.
Looking for the perfect gift, but don’t know where to start? Check out our Gift Guide — with categories packed with products to make everyone happy!
BrandsA - D324® A88CBD Also Organics Ananda Hemp Barlean's BASKiN Be Trū Wellness™ BioSteel CBD Bloom Farms CBD Blue Moon Hemp Bluebird Botanicals BOTA California Grown Canna River Cannivore Pet Farmacy CBD Daily CBD For Life CBDfx CBDistillery cbdMD CBDMEDIC™ CBDPure Charlotte's Web CopperGel® Cue Hemp Cycling Frog Dinner Lady Dixie Botanicals® Dr. Formulated CBD by Garden of Life Dr. Kerklaan TherapeuticsE - IElevate® Elixinol™ Empower® Enveed Fhenix by Kat's Naturals First & Free Foria™ Free the Leaf Fresh Bombs Good Goo Green Eagle Green Lotus™ Green Roads Green Stem Grön CBD Haleigh's Hope Happy Lane Harmony Harmony Hemp Healist Healthy Skin CBD Hemp Bombs™ Hemp Seed Hemp Symmetry HempCeutix by NaturesPlus Hemplucid HempMeds HH365 Highline Wellness Hilo Nutrition HOLISTIK™ Wellness hydroCANNA Ignite Incann Irisa™ Irwin NaturalsJ - NJoy Organics Joyful Bath Co Just CBD KARIBO Kat's Naturals Koi Korent Kush Queen Lazarus Naturals Level Select CBD Life Bloom Organics Life-flo® Manitoba Harvest Marley Martha Stewart™ CBD Mary's Nutritionals Maxine + Morgan Medterra mintedLeaf Mology Naked 100 NanoCraft CBD™ Naternal Natural Recovery Greens Nature's Fusions NuLeaf NaturalsO - ROLEO™ Omax® One CBD Original Hemp Pachamama Palmetto Harmony Papa & Barkley Parasilk Penguin Physicians Grade Plant People PlusCBD Oil™ Populum Prana Principle™ Privy Peach Pure Ratios PureKana Quim RAW Health RE Botanicals Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ Receptra Naturals Reliva CBD Wellness Resilience CBD Root BioscienceS - Z
SHOP YOUR FAVORITES, GET REWARDED
Have you signed up for our rewards program? Earning points that turn into real savings couldn’t be easier. If you like what you see, refer a friend and save even more!
- Gift Guide
- Join Us