One of the best things about CBD products is their versatility. Though it’s typical to treat them as a supplement and take them with your vitamins, this doesn’t mean you can’t get creative. Whether you’re preparing for a swanky event, holiday party, or just a Thursday night, we have plenty of CBD-infused drink recipes to refresh and inspire you. Be sure to check out the tempting CBD beverage options available as you get mixing.
Recipes made with tinctures
Why make CBD-infused drinks with tinctures, in particular? Well, you may know this already, but tinctures are alcohol-based, whereas CBD oils are oil-based. Pretty simple? Infusing alcoholic cocktails, or mocktails, if you prefer, with tinctures instead of oil will allow for better blending. However, if you enjoy the earthy bite that natural hemp oil sometimes offers, you’re more than welcome to opt for this instead. Better yet, some people report that adding CBD to their drinks limits or removes their likelihood of getting a hangover.
Here are a few delicious recipes to try:
CBD Mint Julep
A CBD twist on this refreshing classic. Perfect for warm days or staycations.
From the Ministry of Hemp
2 1/2 ounces bourbon
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 – 8 mint leaves + extra for garnish
15 mg CBD tincture
Optional: Cut your julep with sparkling CBD water, like Quatreau’s Cucumber Mint
- Muddle up the leaves and the simple syrup along with the CBD tincture together in a chilled julep cup.
- Add your ice cubes and top with bourbon.
- Swizzle and top with more ice if needed.
- Garnish with additional leaves or fresh mint sprigs.
Sangria is made for sharing — make this CBD Sangria for your next get-together or dinner party.
From Joy Organics, products available on our site
- Prep the fruit. Slice the citrus into wheels and the apple into chunks.
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher.
- Let it rest in the fridge so the flavors meld together, and serve cold.
Looking for the perfect CBD cocktail for cooler evenings? A brunch party? Chai (sorry) this one!
From Joy Organics
1 cup milk of your choice (hemp milk or unsweetened soy are recommended)
1 ml plain CBD tincture
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey or agave
Dash of nutmeg
Shot of Bailey’s (Optional)
- Place a saucepan on the stove over low heat.
- Pour in milk, vanilla extract, sweetener, and CBD tincture.
- Whisk the mixture together and heat until warmed.
- Once cooked, add in a shot of Bailey’s if you wish.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and top off with a dusting of nutmeg.
CBD Tea for Sleep
Trying to turn down (not up) for the day, but having trouble? Check out this CBD-infused drink, made with soothing chamomile.
From Joy Organics
1 cup distilled water
1 tablespoon chamomile leaves
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 ml lemon CBD tincture
- Boil distilled water in a pot.
- Add the chamomile and allow the leaves to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the flower water into a mug.
- Add in the CBD tincture.
- Pour the milk and honey in, mix, and enjoy.
CBD beverages and water-soluble products
In addition to the recipes above, you can easily create more simple cocktails or mocktails. CBD beverages, like these from CBD Living, feature nano-emulsification technology that makes CBD particles insanely small and thus easier for your body to absorb. Not to mention, they’re easy to mix with your liquor of choice — and presto! CBD cocktail! Or, mix with fruit juice for a tasty mocktail.
Furthermore, if you have a water-soluble drink mix that you already love, you can easily use it to craft other recipes. Not sure what water-soluble CBD is? Water-soluble CBD is an exciting product that also has higher bioavailability with nano-emulsified particles. That is, your body is able to absorb CBD both more effectively and more quickly when it’s in this form.
- You can learn more about water-soluble CBD here.
- You can shop water-soluble drink mixes, such as these from HOLISTIK™ Wellness here.
- You can shop for a water-soluble CBD tincture here.
- You can shop for a water-soluble tasteless, odorless powder here.
Not only is it important to drink responsibly, but you should consult your doctor about any alcohol use. You should also talk to your doctor before adding CBD to your regimen in any capacity. After all, having necessary conversations can free you up for fun when you really need it, and you can be freer to enjoy it!